IFS Sustainability strategy is focused on excellence in our own business, supporting our customers to meet their sustainability goals, and achieving broader positive impact in the communities we operate in. The Sustainability Manager is an exciting new role which will focus on delivery of this strategy, working to integrate sustainable practices and drive progress against our goals.
The role will play a crucial role in embedding sustainability into the business. In particular, working with our cross-functional network of sustainability business partners to ensure development and implementation of sustainability initiatives across IFS. You would review and track key performance indicators to ensure the organization meets its environmental and social goals, monitoring best practice and trends.
We are looking for candidates that are enthusiastic, resilient, self-motivated and thrive working within an international organisation.
To be successful in this role you should be able manage complex, multifaceted programs and liaise with local teams as well as our partners and suppliers across the globe to work towards our targets.
Successful candidates will be located in Sri Lanka.
You will report into Global Director of Sustainability (ESG) and work within a central Sustainability team.
Tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Take a lead role in the implementation of IFS sustainability strategy, managing strategic initiatives and monitoring success.
- Build the capacity of IFS sustainability leads & business partners though training, supporting materials and a consistent, productive dialogue.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including employees, suppliers, and partners, to promote sustainability initiatives.
- Develop and deliver training programs and activities for employees on sustainability.
- Identify links between sustainability and revenue generation or cost-saving opportunities through sustainable initiatives.
- Liaise with ESG Product development team to support sustainability solution development, advising as a practitioner and acting as proxy customer.
- Support customer engagement on sustainability, including go-to-market strategy and related bid responses.
- Work with legal and compliance teams to assess and mitigate risks related to sustainability.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders on operational controls and governance.
- Continually monitor data availability, inputs, quality assurance and relevance to the overall ESG strategy
- Support reporting on strategy to ESG SteerCo, Executive Leadership team and Board.
To be successful you will have:
- Proven experience in sustainability management or a related role
- Strong knowledge of Sustainability requirements or frameworks, such as GRI, TCFD, EU Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive, Gender Pay Gap reporting, and industry best practice.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Strong collaboration skills, particularly across functions and varying levels of the business to achieve results.
- Ability to build relationships remotely, identify and develop new partnerships.
- Degree in Sustainability or a related field. Master's degree is a plus.
- Proven experience as a Sustainability Manager or in a similar role, with a focus on strategy execution.
- Excellent communication skills to convey technical sustainability issues to a variety of stakeholders.