A software engineer at IFS designs, develops and maintains software included in IFS Cloud. The work is focused on interpreting and analyzing functional and technical requirements to create fit-for-purpose and enterprise-grade software. Business value, usability, maintainability, security and performance are key aspects of this work.
We are looking to for a Senior Lead/Principal Software Engineer to join our team distributed across Sri Lanka, Sweden, and Norway. As an experienced Software Engineer in our team you will play a key role in making sure we deliver on, and stay true to, our mission.
In order to be successful in the role we believe the following characteristics are important:
- Strong functional and technical design and documentation skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Experience from quality assurance and software performance
- Leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A minimum 8 years of experience in building commercial business applications
- A good listener & communicator
- Pro-active, take initiative and responsibility
- Energetic, determined,
- Positive and have a can-do attitude
- Goal and execution oriented
- Committed to quality
Previous experience/domain knowledge in procurement and commerce processes is an advantage.
Interviews and selections are being done continuously. If you are interested, apply as soon as possible.
As a step in our recruitment process, all final candidates will undergo a background check, to get us an understanding of our future employees.
We respectfully decline all offers of recruitment and/or advertising assistance.
The work will involve activities like:
- Functionally and technically design fit for purpose software based to deliver a great customer experience
- Functionally and technically test, review and maintain software
- Implement designed functionality using high level / declarative approaches
- Create documentation, presentation and training material
- Engage with requirement owners and other stakeholders
- Share knowledge, guide and train colleagues
- Contribute in activities related to product/program management
- Be an advocate for adopting engineering best practices within development team