Dimension of the role :
- Overseeing construction engineering, fit out, planning, for all SPAR current and new or expansion projects
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Provide direction concerning engineering and layout design / AutoCAD, building design, layouts, build details, schedules and materials in accordance to CIDA and SLS standards
- Manage survey facilities, develop and document procedures to audit the facility, provide evaluations and analysis and recommend solutions for facility infrastructure
- Managing safety and security problems involving facilities
- Getting tenders and quotations, negotiate contracts with General Contractors, trade contractors and trade specialists and present formal documentation for approval when required
- Ensure that contracts are fit for purpose, cost effective and incorporate appropriate Service Level Agreements
- Provide overall site management, coordination, planning, specification of business proposals and coordination of subcontractors
- Manage and guide all project teams (Developers, design engineers, general contractors, sub-contractors, fit-out suppliers, internal stakeholders) throughout the full project lifecycle
- Ensure that contracted resources deliver work to meet duration and quality targets, addressing and ensuring the correction of under-performance issues
- Audit contractors to check that the skills and competences of contract labor are appropriate as per needs and are fit to undertake the work they will be deployed to manage
- Oversee multiple projects in various locations simultaneously
- Vetting of designs to conform to country norms specifications
- Receipt, review, and analysis of all proposed cost and time change requests as presented by external project teams
- Provide critical review of current design standards to identify value engineering and design enhancement opportunities to be considered by internal engineering and schematic design partners
- Comprehensive budget tracking, forecasting, and management of assigned expansion, remodel, and new build projects
- Managing payments, capex requests and other financial requirements to facilitate project work as well as repairs and maintenance
- Review and guide internally requested changes for validity, impact.
- Review, guide and ensure timely and cost sensitive incorporation once internal requests are changed
- Positive, clear, concise, and transparent cross team communication for all aspects of project delivery
- Manage, assist, track and coordinate repairs and maintenance with the trading stores
- Managing staff attendance, shifts and overtime rosters
- Ensuring Executive Designer, Maintenance Assistant and AC and refrigeration Assistant’s duties and responsibilities are met effectively
- Ensure all mid-year and annual performance reviews are conducted in time and according to organization policy
- Effectively analyze and manage department staff headcount, absenteeism, attrition, over time logs and shift rosters
- Managing the team well and keeping the staff turnover rate to a minimum
- Ensure department staff members receive adequate training required to upskill their performance.
- G.C.E O/L and A/L
- BSc or Degree equivalent in Civil Engineering
- Good IT knowledge (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PPT, Auto CAD and MS Projects)
- Minimum 8+ years of experience as an Engineer, Senior Construction Manager, and other construction related disciplines
- Project management experience from due diligence and design phase through implementation and operation
- Experience negotiating construction, procurement, and labor contracts.
- Working knowledge in both oral and written to compliment the effectiveness of the job role.