Who is your audience?
In this position you will work with teams delivering Aviation and Defense solutions:
- Planners, engineers, technicians, and all the other roles involved in aviation maintenance
- IT roles that install, configure, and administer solutions
- IFS presales, marketing, and partners
Who will you work with?
- Agile development teams- developers, quality engineers, interaction designers, program managers
- Solution architects, product support, product management, product marketing
- User education community on company-wide initiatives and process improvements
What tools will you work with?
We are updating our vision for user education so there’ll be new tools to go with interesting new deliverables. Today, we’re using:
- Markdown, HTML editor Microsoft ExpressionWeb – under review April 2021, 2c8 Modeling Tool
- Git, Sourcetree, Bitbucket
- Microsoft PowerPoint, SharePoint, and other Office tools
What are we looking for from you?
- A user experience mind-set
- Ability to create clear, concise, structured content including documentation and videos
- Ability to engage with different stakeholders, teams, and team processes to achieve the desired UE goals and deliverables
- Flexibility to adjust some working hours to overlap with colleagues in other time zones
- A college or university degree in Technical Communication (or a related discipline with relevant writing experience)
- Experience creating help content for customer audiences
At IFS, a User Education (UE) Technical Writer & Content Developer will:
- As the UI is developed, write and review field descriptions, messages, labels, etc. Think about the workflows and advocate for design that reduces the need for UE content.
- Analyze development epics and stories and identify both the information and information formats required for audience success. Some deliverables are pre-defined, while others require your judgement and expertise.
- Create installation, administration, API, release, and user documentation, business process models, videos, slide decks, product screen shots, and exam questions for our training academy.
- On teams where you are not the exclusive content creator, contribute your expertise in planning the UE work, review content to ensure quality, and monitor deliverables.
- Monitor customer forums and questions. Update relevant UE content if warranted.
- Contribute your ideas for better UE approaches, processes, and technologies. We are on a journey to create a stellar user education experience.
Use your skills to enable audiences to adopt and use our solutions as painlessly and rapidly as possible.