The User Education Specialist is focused on enabling rapid adoption of IFS Solutions by IFS Partners, our customer organizations, and our end users through educational content. In addition to rapid adoption, UES should also work towards streamlining and assuring the customer value of our product suite.
Thus, we’re on the lookout for an experienced, open-minded, creative person as a User Education Specialist to join our growing team of innovative and talented individuals at Human Capital Management group at IFS.
IFS Human Capital Management (HCM) manages the full employee lifecycle, from hire to retire. As an integral part of the IFS Cloud solution, IFS HCM provides a comprehensive toolkit supporting a wide range of HCM processes from different perspectives and roles throughout the entire global enterprise.
We expect the ideal match to have a strong communication and writing skills to impress both technical and non-technical audiences and help create and build out a modern documentation and user assistance infrastructure.
Required Competence, Skills & Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Communication (or a related discipline).
- 2-4 years’ industry experience as an effective technical writer.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Proofreading skill / ability to evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement.
- Ability to create clear, concise, structured content including documentation and videos
- Ability to engage with different stakeholders, teams, and team processes to achieve the desired UE goals and deliverables
- Experience in creating infographics to communicate workflow processes and abstract topics more clearly.
- Subject matter experience in HR /HCM will be a plus.
Who is your audience?
In this position you will work with teams delivering software solutions:
- End users of HCM product suite largely consists of self-service users of HR, HR business partners, top-management and other HR professionals.
- IT roles that install, configure, and administer solutions.
- IFS presales, marketing, and partners.
Who will you work with?
- Agile development teams- developers, quality engineers, interaction designers, program managers.
- Solution architects, product support, product management, product marketing teams
- User education community on company-wide initiatives and process improvements.
What tools will you work with?
We are updating our vision for user education so there’ll be new tools to go with interesting new deliverables. Today, we’re using:
- Markdown, HTML editor Microsoft ExpressionWeb, 2c8 Modeling Tool
- Microsoft PowerPoint, SharePoint, and other Office tools
- are into Professional Writing or Creative Writing.
- have a natural desire to make processes easy to understand and products a breeze to use.
- are with a good user experience mind-set.
- can extract technical information with ease and clarity.
- As the application is developed, write and review field descriptions, messages, labels, etc. Think about the workflows and be an advocate for design that reduces the need for UE content.
- Analyze development epics and stories and identify both the information and information formats required for audience success. Some deliverables are pre-defined, while others require your judgement and expertise.
- Create installation, administration, API, release, and user documentation, business process models, videos, slide decks, product screen shots, and exam questions for our training academy.
- On teams where you are not the exclusive content creator, contribute your expertise in planning the UE work, review content to ensure quality, and monitor deliverables.
- Monitor customer forums and questions. Update relevant UE content if warranted.
- Contribute your ideas for better UE approaches, processes, and technologies. We are on a journey to create a stellar user education experience.
- Use your skills to enable audiences to adopt and use our solutions as painlessly and rapidly as possible.