As a Systems Engineer in IFS Corporate Services Datacenter and Cloud Services team, you will work on maintaining and operating our infrastructure, especially our VMware environment which today contain about 13,000 servers distributed at 4 datacenters in Sweden, Sri Lanka, USA and Canada. Also, you will get opportunities to implement, monitor, and maintain Microsoft Azure solutions, including major services related to compute, storage, network, and security. Daily work includes both operational tasks and development assignments to ensure optimum performance and stability in our services.
A degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer Systems & Networking along with 1 to 2 years hands on experience as a Systems Engineer – Datacenter & Cloud Services.
Azure Administrator certifications.
Excellent understanding in Native Azure services, Azure VMware Services and VMware vSphere platforms.
Good understanding on Windows & Linux distributions.
Sound knowledge of containerized environments such as Azure Kubernetes Services [AKS] / Docker.
Good understanding on MS PowerShell Scripting & Automation technologies.
Sound knowledge on latest on-prem & cloud backup technologies for virtualized production environments which will mostly consist of Application/Database systems.
Good knowledge of hyper converged infrastructure & storage arrays.
Knowledge on Cloud & on-prem infrastructure monitoring tools.
Strong understanding of networking fundamentals and Azure virtual networks.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Work effectively individually or in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with great interpersonal and consulting skills.
Implement and comply with site-specific operations and security policies.
Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Designing & implementing cost effective cloud solutions based on business requirements.
- Managing, deploying & maintaining native Azure solutions and Azure VMware Services (AVS).
- Troubleshooting and resolving Azure services-related issues.
- Managing, deploying & maintaining on-prem virtualized platforms & physical data center infrastructure.
- Troubleshooting on-prem datacenter technical issues & provide sustainable solutions.
- Keep Up-to-date knowledge on all technologies used on Cloud & On-prem datacenters.
- Plan and perform appropriate procedures such as upgrades, documentation, inventory assessment, network security auditing and planning for growth, etc.
- Spanning Tier 1, 2 and 3 support responsibilities including engaging external partners or vendors to remediate client support needs in an effective and timely manner.
- Stay up to date on current and past incidents to maintain the highest level of customer service.
- Write technical materials as per business requirements.
- Work closely with vendors on information gathering and implementations.
- Liaise with varying levels of seniority, across numerous business units.