Setting up of WSO2 solutions for customers, implementing tools to automate operations work, and supporting Continuous Delivery efforts will be your core functions. As this is a varied and complex role, we expect you to demonstrate a high level of interest to learn and implement new technologies. Interacting with customers is a key responsibility in this role and for that reason excellent communication skills are a must.
DevOps is an engineering culture that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. At Chakray, A DevOps Engineer is responsible for the availability and reliability of our most critical platform services and ensures they meet the requirements of our internal and external users.
Help engineering teams to become highly efficient and autonomous by providing automated solutions is also required.. This is a great opportunity to combine the usage of the latest tools and technologies with cutting-edge approaches to build solid platforms in the industry.
Able to build CI/CD pipelines and take responsibility for the deployment and the monitoring of the solution, including in production. You are required to work closely with distributed development, testing and operational teams, bringing all functions together to ensure seamless automated change management, release management, and deployment process.
Work as a part of the scrum and development team
If you have:
- Two years of hands on operations Experience with UNIX operating systems internals and/or networking
- A year of in-depth, hands-on experience of at least one major clouds vendor. (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Knowledge of one or more programming or scripting languages (such as Java, Python, etc.)
- Experience with configuring, customizing, and extending monitoring & logging tools (ELK, Dynatrace, Prometheus, Grafana, New Relic)
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery & Deployment techniques and tools (Jenkins, Argo CD, TravisCI, etc.)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code and Configuration Management tools. (Terraform, Ansible, Chef etc.)
- Good understanding of version control systems (Git, Subversion, CVS, etc.)
- Experience with containerization technologies and platforms (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in virtualization technologies. (VirtualBox, VMWare, Open-stack, etc.)
- Experience with performance monitoring, tuning, problem identification and resolution
- Understanding of networking concepts and network protocols
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and technical appreciation skills
- Flexibility to learn about and work with different technical environments and teams
- Work unsupervised on several activities concurrently, taking ownership and prioritizing accordingly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge/ experience in Enterprise Integration or WSO2 solutions is a plus point.
- Build, maintain and monitor CI/CD pipeline and all deployments up to production
- Monitor existing pipelines, infrastructure, and applications in various environments
- Evangelizing DevOps transformation across the Dev/QA/Ops and other teams
- Evolve existing systems and transition into a global hybrid cloud environment as well as support Inhouse Data Centre deployments.
- Help with design and implementation of infrastructure assets using AWS services, OSS systems, and platform
- Ensure that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Participate in code and design reviews, teaching and learning from other engineers
- Identify improvement opportunities on existing systems, build plans and execute improvements
- Research of automation-related technologies