- Overseeing the incident management process and team members involved in resolving the incident.
- Responding to a reported service incident, identifying the cause, and initiating the incident management process.
- Prioritizing incidents according to their urgency and influence on the business.
- Producing documents that outline incident protocols such as how to handle cybersecurity threats or how to correct server failures.
- Collaborating with the incident management team to ensure that all protocols are diligently followed.
- Logging all incidents and their resolution to see if there are recurring malfunctions.
- Adjusting the incident management process as required to ensure its effectiveness.
- Communicating with upper management if major issues are found in the IT system.
- Managing the incident team members by re-assigning workloads and re-scheduling non-urgent tasks.
- Should be able to communicate clearly with stakeholders and should be able to identify their requirements (related to incidents and process improvements) clearly to provide solid solutions.
- Ability to identify value added services depending on customer environment.
- Ability to audit customer Incident management process & suggest / implement process improvements & optimizations.
- Ability to conduct training sessions to other engineers & incident managers to up skill them & to refresh process awareness.
- Ability to learn and quickly adopting into new technologies.
- Collaborate with other engineers and get the required domain knowledge to support multiple systems with related to delivering incident management service to them.
- Mentoring junior team members and assisting them to groom up.
- Education Bachelor's Degree in Computing, IT or related field ITIL v3 or v4 certification.
- Excellent knowledge in IT service management.
- Ability to work under tight schedules.
- Excellent managerial skills and ability to collaborate with team members.
- Ability to analyze a high volume of technical data and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Experience At least three years experience working in IT service management, or a similar role.
IT service management