- 1 – 2 year(s) experience in Software Development and Cloud Technologies
- Degree BSc in IT/ Computer Science/ Physical Science or relevant professional qualification
- professional level certifications or (currently reading for) in either GCP or AWS
- Exposure to another public cloud environment will be an added advantage
- Sound understanding of different cloud environments, including hybrid scenarios
- 1+ years of experience in similar capacity with one or many of the public cloud vendors such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues
- Ability to work in containerization and container orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Good understanding of scripting languages such as Java, Ansible, Python, Bash, Perl and PowerShell.
- Candidate should be able to apply the DevOps/CloudOps knowledge to automate application deployments using technologies such as Terraform/Ansible
- Ability to implement and automate CloudOps, FinOps and IT DevOps operations will be given priority
- Familiarity with a multitude of databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Key/Value stores etc.)
- Ability to work in Unix based Operating systems. (RedHat, Ubuntu, CentOS etc.)
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work successfully in an Agile, DevOps team environment.
- Independent and self-motivated when it comes to solving your work tasks and potential issues
- Strong team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a geographically disperse working environment
- Knowledge on networking and containerization and in addition certifications in the areas of Networking will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge in cloud cost optimization/capacity ratios, proper monitoring, scaling, implementing, and validating database & DR scenarios, security, and compliance will be an advantage
- Experience in developing reusable tools and artifacts using cloud technologies will be an advantage