We have opportunities for experienced qualified individuals to work for a leading telecommunications company in Australia.
A flexible work arrangement for the right candidate can be negotiated. You could either work for the duration of the contract/project from our offices in Sydney or you could work remotely (based on Sydney business hours) with regular or on-demand visits made to Sydney.
This is an ideal opportunity for experienced qualified individuals who intend to migrate to Australia as this offers an easier path to gain permanent residency by gaining Australian work experience.
Even for individuals who do not want to migrate but wish to gain international experience and knowledge and a higher remuneration paid in Australian dollars, this is an ideal opportunity.
The primary responsibility for this role is a hands on ability to lead the development of the custom built telecommunication network performance monitoring application.
This role reports into the Associate Director Network Engineering Systems and will be responsible for new development and enhancements to the applications within the Networks OSS domains and ensuring their end-to-end operability in accordance with strategic standards.
This role is required to have a detailed understanding of the telecommunication domain.
Experience and Qualifications
● Experience in telecom industry OSS / Service Assurance platforms
● Experience with SDLC process
● Waterfall and Agile Delivery methodologies
● Experienced in the following technologies
○ PostgreSQL (stored procedures, partitions, admin etc.)
○ TimescaleDB (i.e. PostgreSQL extension)
○ Java (standard and enterprise)
○ Linux and Bash Shell Scripting
○ Kubernatics (K8s) would be advantages but if no prior experience, ability to lean
○ Data Visualization tools such as Tableau, Apache Superset would be advantages
○ Python Scripting / JupyerHub
○ ELK (ElasticSearch, Logstah, Kibana) would be advantages but if no prior experience, ability to lean
● Telecommunication standards such as 3GPP and TM Forum standards
● Ability to lean and implement new technologies and solutions
● Active Listing, Creativity, Risk-Taking
● Business focused
● Adaptability, Conflict resolution, excellent communication skills, Negotiation skills
● Time Management
● Motivational, Positive thinking and Positive influencing
● Work under pressure and manage high levels of stress
● Proactive thinking and proposing practical solutions
Program / Project / Change Delivery
● Architect & Design the E2E Solutions and ensure it is aligned with business objectives
● Oversee all solution design aspects of the development and delivery of the project
● Review requirements and ensures system functionalities & capabilities are future proofed
● Translate the business requirements/processes into solution specifications
● Manage dependencies between application components (within and external to application)
● Analyze impact of change requests, including recommendations
● Ensure quality of design and operational control characteristics
● Establish performance goals; ensure design meets the requirements and goals set
● Governs and reviews data schema, including implementation of data storage best practices
● Balances quality issues, cost, robustness demands and constraints