Wiley is a global company that specializes in academic publishing and instructional materials, online education management and corporate learning and training. For over 200 years we have been helping people and organizations develop the skills and knowledge they need to succeed. We develop digital education, learning, assessment, and certification solutions to help universities, businesses, and individuals move between education and employment and achieve their ambitions. By partnering with learned societies, we support researchers to communicate discoveries that make a difference. Our online scientific, technical, medical, and scholarly journals, books, and other digital content build on a 200-year heritage of quality publishing.
Whether you are just starting out or looking to build on an already successful career, Wiley is always looking for talented, qualified people to join our global team. Our unique culture is distinguished by a collaborative environment that supports open dialogue, candid feedback, and enduring relationships. We treat each other with dignity and respect — as human beings first and professionals second.
We are looking for Salesforce Developers with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in developing functionality for enterprise solutions. Be part of an extraordinary opportunity to transform the higher education experience! As a developer for Wiley’s Student Relationship Platform on Force.com, you will participate in the definition of Salesforce development processes, drive technical design for new functionality and develop new features to meet specifications. With Wiley’s proven expertise as a trusted partner in higher education, you will have the opportunity to innovate and create solutions that revolutionize the landscape of higher education technology and accelerate your career.
We are looking for people who have:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or an equivalent qualification.
- A candidate either having 2 or more years of Salesforce experience or, 1 or more years of Salesforce experience and overall 2 or more years of experience in Software development in any language.
- Solid experience in Salesforce.com design and development.
- Proficiency on Salesforce.com platform, APEX, Visual Force, Salesforce APIs, SOAP or REST-based web services and SOQL.
- Extremely high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience in developing tools/scripts to aid in testing web applications.
- Ability to adapt to new environments, specialties and processes.
- Ability to work constructively with team members towards a common goal.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Great at multi-tasking and delivering quality solutions under deadlines.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. As a learning business, Wiley makes meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers. The company’s headquarters are in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada.
How you will make an impact:
- Participate in storyboarding and solution design sessions. Recommend alternate approaches, define technical impacts and provide sizing estimates.
- Liaise with the Salesforce.com and the Salesforce.com-certified service partners on solution development.
- Develop product capabilities using Force.com, APEX, Visualforce and other technologies.
- Follow an iterative software development methodology and contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle and support.
- Contribute to the development and packaging methodology for Force.com application development.
- Perform unit testing, integration testing and performance testing of new product functionality.
- Analyze and mitigate issues identified during testing.
- Collaborate on and inform cross-functional teams of new feature technical design, technical requirements, limitations and implementation.
- Articulate development status to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Continually refine business acumen and establish domain/industry vertical expertise.