Our mission is to unlock human potential. We welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and we embrace individuals who get excited about learning. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion; it’s in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
About the Role:
As a Senior Quality Engineer for Wiley, you will help define and follow quality assurance processes, create test plans, execute functional and regression test scenarios. You will work closely with Wiley’s product development teams to research and remediate issues. The role requires strong analytical skills, and hands-on experience in using open-source tools for API/Web/Mobile, test automation is a must.
What we look for:
- Have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or an equivalent qualification.
- Have 4 years’ experience in a quality engineering role.
- Have hands on experience with Python.
- Are experienced in manual testing for web/mobile-based technologies.
- Are experienced in test designing using design techniques.
- Are experienced in analyzing web applications and writing test cases based on the current behavior of the application where documentation or feature requirements do not exist.
- Are proficient in testing complex integrations.
- Are experienced in functional test automation tools such as Selenium, Rest Assured, Postman, Appium, etc.
- Have strong critical-thinking skills and the ability to give attention to details as well as the big picture.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate information to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Are a team player who can easily adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- An ISTQB foundation level qualification will be an added advantage.
Enabling Discovery, Powering Education, Shaping Workforces.
We clear the way for seekers of knowledge: illuminating the path forward for research and education, tearing down barriers to society’s advancement, and giving seekers the help they need to turn their steps into strides.
Wiley may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: our people. We are willing to challenge the status quo, move the needle, and be innovative. Wiley’s headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations across the globe in more than 40 countries.
How you will make an impact:
- Collaborate with product management to define quality standards.
- Participate in storyboarding and solution design sessions. Analyze and provide feedback on artifacts delivered throughout the development process.
- Provide estimates for quality assurance planning and execution.
- Create and maintain a library of test plans and test scenarios. Ensure test scripts maintain traceability to requirements.
- Work with multidisciplinary teams to define and improve cross-functional processes.
- Maintain a staging environment, create a testbed of data used to support test execution.
- Create and maintain automated regression and performance test scripts.
- Execute quality assurance test scenarios, manual, and automated. Ensure that developed functionality satisfies requirements and aligns with specifications.
- Track and record the results of test execution. Interpret results and find trends. Publish results and communicate test execution status.
- Research and recommend processes and tools to support the Wiley quality assurance discipline, including regression and performance test automation tools.
- Identify obstacles during development and test processes.
- Work closely with the development team to research and mitigate issues found in testing.