About this vacancy
We are looking for a passionate leader with deep insight into conceptualizing and designing software applications, to join us as a Lead Business Analyst. The successful candidate will lead design sprints for exciting new software products and facilitate innovation within our client ecosystems across the globe.
Who are we?
- Azend Technologies is a software company serving a portfolio of clients in the USA, the UK and Sri Lanka, and incubating a growing portfolio of strategic products inhouse, which target regional markets.
- We commenced operations as a collaboration of experienced ideators and technologists from a diverse set of industries, supporting businesses to realize their true potential through next generation technologies and digital infrastructure, such as IoT, Blockchain, Machine Learning & AI.
- Our Founding Team are veterans of the IT industry who have spent many years at leading global software firms. We bring together over 300 years of collective experience and domain knowledge in building cutting edge technology solutions, across sectors including financial, agriculture, automotive, power solutions, industrial engineering, retail, logistics and more.
Why is this vacancy unique?
- You will have the opportunity to work in a hybrid company, that incubates and evolves their own portfolio of products whilst providing development services to reputed global clients.
- You will derive immense satisfaction in concretely contributing to the growth of software products in different business verticals, and in accelerating the digital transformation or modernization of global businesses.
- You will be given the space to experiment, be bold and innovate!
What qualifications must you have?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/IT/ Management & IT/ Engineering or equivalent with 8+ years’ experience.
- Overall knowledge of the tools and techniques required for elaborating and organizing business requirements in a distributed software product team.
- Knowledge of UX principles, interactive designs & deep understanding of UX best practices.
- Familiarity with the software product development lifecycle and with the Scrum, Kanban or the Scaled Agile approach to delivery.
- A keen conversationalist who can navigate through complex requirements brainstorming discussions.
- Excellent English creative writing skills.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to take on responsibility and work independently.
- Study domain-problems and conceptualize software apps and solutions to solve real-world needs.
- Be a live wire that drives the requirements clarification process, communicating extensively with our clients and product stakeholders in the USA, UK, Sri Lanka and other countries.
- Elicit and ideate business requirements, create product roadmaps, draft user stories and create product backlogs, leveraging the relevant tools and best practices of the trade.
- Craft winning user experiences for Web and native Mobile applications, working in close collaboration with UI Engineers.
- Model client domains and consult as an SME and Domain Expert, during every aspect of the product development lifecycle from ideation to specification to quality assurance.
- Lead a small team of BAs who will support you in your efforts. You will also work synergistically with development, QA and project management teams to deliver successful outcomes.
- Review artefacts drafted by peers and contribute to the BA Team’s continuous improvement.
- Travel to client locations in the USA and elsewhere for short durations during requirements discovery phases.
AzendTech is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, disability or age.