- An associate degree in Business Management, Finance or Healthcare Administration is preferred.
- Previous experience in healthcare financial counseling, medical billing or insurance verification would be an added advantage.
- Strong knowledge of health Insurance concepts, medical billing practices, and reimbursement systems.
- Understanding of healthcare compliance regulations.
- Experience in providing high level of customer service.
- Proficient in MS Office /accounting applications.
- Flexible, dynamic, well organized and engaging with strong interpersonal skills & excellent communication skills.
- Provide compassionate and comprehensive financial counseling to patients and their families.
- Verify patients' Insurance coverage, including eligibility, benefits, and limitations.
- Assess patients' eligibility for financial assistance programmes and guide patients through the application process.
- Communicate financial coverage status and applicable financial decisions with all appropriate parties.
- Responsible for conducting accounts receivable follow-ups in adherence to established collection procedures.
- Collaborate with the billing department to ensure accurate and timely billing for services rendered.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, including physicians, nurses, and respective officials to ensure coordinated and patient-centered care.
healthcare financial counseling
MS Office /accounting applications