- B.sc degree in Engineering in Electronics, Telecommunications, Electrical & Electronics or Computer from recognized Sri Lankan University accredited by IESL
- Ideal candidate should have Knowledge on WCDMA, OFDMA and DB handling, Web interface development and Programming, Huawei/Ericsson 3G,2G,4G and OSS equipment handling and GSM technologies, Networking, and security knowledge.
- Responsible for carry out 2G,3G and 4G access network nodes (vendors-Huawei ,Ericsson) operations and maintenance under the purview of Access Network Planning and Operations in line with KPI(key performance indicator), SLA(service level agreements) and OLA (organizational level agreements)requirements.
- Execution of operational procedures such as monitoring, fault identification, troubleshooting, rectification, and configuration etc. of the Huawei, Ericsson access network using the relevant tools and systems within SLA in order to minimize network down time.
- Responsible to provide 24×7 On-call support and expert guidance and recommendation to Network Operations Centre/Dialog Network services-regional staff/colleagues to resolve technical issues of Huawei, Ericsson network in an effective manner to minimize the downtime.
- Provide support to the teams and Dialog Network services -regional staff by organizing tools and technical requirements to perform their work in an efficient way.
- Conduct resolutions for escalated issues from the teams/Network Operations Centre/ Dialog Network services regional staff to minimize the impact on the customer service from network downtimes.
- Responsible to initiate trouble tickets regarding Huawei/Ericsson access network down issues to obtain vendor support as and when required to isolate and resolve critical network outages to make sure that service is made available to customer within the SLA.
- Carry out system modifications requested by access planning team, within SLA to improve the performance of the network. e.g. increase transmit power
- Maintain the quality (software, hardware level) of the Huawei/Ericsson 2G, 3G, LTE access network systems through enhance monitoring capabilities to facilitate the smooth running of the network.
- Maintain the required standard of quality level by analyzing and investigating quality issues raised by NQA_NOC regularly regarding the Huawei/Ericsson Sites and perform corrective actions to solve the issue or inform the regional staff to correct required faulty hardware.
- Maintain Redundancy Planning process ( transmission, power, system) according to protocol to make sure that service availability is improved through creating back up resources in case of active is out of service.
- Handling spare parts repair return process by coordinating with stores and vendor ,documentation of inventory and ensure that required spare parts are made available on time based on their request to regional staff to perform their work.
- Avoid duplication in in planned activities (e.g. Base station control/Radio Network Control loading) related to Huawei, Ericsson access network through proper scheduling and coordination with relevant parties such as Radio network planning, Transmission operations and regional operations.
- Responsible to effectively coordination with Vendor, Radio network planning, Transmission operations and regional operations for full turnkey network node/site integration and roll outs in an economical and effective manner to achieve minimum possible down time.
- Carrying out testing for new services or network functions within access network operations(e.g. new RRU connection topology) as well as based on requirement from Dialog Network Services or Access Planning (e.g. LTE 3G interoperability) to assess the suitability before project proceeds further.
- Conduct training on areas of improvement and technical knowhow for the Network Operations Center team and Dialog Network Services (regional staff) to increase productivity in the team and develop them.
- Introduce new approaches to achieve further Efficiency and Effectiveness in Access Network Operations
Electrical and Electronic Engineering
WCDMA, OFDMA and DB handling
Web interface development and Programming
OSS equipment handling
GSM technologies, Networking, and security knowledge