A career within Corporate and Business Strategy services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients solve their toughest problems and seize essential advantages by defining and evaluating strategies of all types. We analyse business and market trends to explore new approaches that help our clients make tough choices and surpass the competition. At both the business unit and corporate level, we help organisations with organic enterprise growth, pricing and profitability, shareholder value, and sustainable corporate strategies.PwC is a powerful network of over 295,000 people across 156 countries. Our consulting practice is focused on results and supporting our clients in solving important problems, so that they can grow and transform their businesses. We use our understanding of how businesses work and knowledge of how the right capabilities and technology in the right place can create competitive advantage.
The consulting industry is changing. The world’s top institutions are demanding practical strategies that translate into action and help them power ahead in fiercely competitive global markets. Backed by the strength of the PwC network, we combine the strategic and operational thinking to help clients build the differentiating capabilities they need to outperform their competitors.
By defining and delivering complex, high-level change, you’ll help clients build capability-based strategies so they can power ahead in fiercely competitive markets all over the world. These are strategies built to last – strategies that anticipate changes in the global marketplace, challenge assumptions, and generate bold, inventive, yet practical solutions. As you develop them, in partnership with our clients, you’ll also be developing invaluable core consulting skills along with expertise in an industry or function that you’re passionate about.
One notable and exciting feature of the consulting profession is that there is no such thing as a typical day! You’ll work on challenging, varied assignments. We’ll make sure you maximize your potential by leveraging world-class learning and development programs to help you learn on the job and develop your personal strengths. Our culture will encourage you to speak up and challenge conventional thinking. We will provide you the opportunities and encourage you to broaden your horizons and skills to remain relevant.
Join PwC Sri Lanka’s Strategy Consulting team to build an extraordinary career that will help you lead the future of strategy consulting.
What we are looking for:
- We look for a rare combination of sharp intellectual ability, commercial awareness, analytical skills, flexibility, teamwork, along with confidence and credibility to present your opinions to senior team members and C-level at clients
- You should be highly motivated and ambitious, possess a strong work ethic, be hungry to take on responsibility, willing to learn and develop own-self and grow into an independent contributor at a rapid pace
- You should be passionate about solving business problems and be able to act with rigor and curiosity to tackle the issues that keep business leaders up at night.
- We also look for people to bring something more to work than academic credentials – like entrepreneurial interests; self-discipline, team-working and leadership qualities from participation in sporting, other extra-curricular activities or work experience; passion and selflessness from social and community enterprises and volunteer work.
As part of a project team, and at times individually, you will:
- Be involved in all stages of strategy-based projects, supporting in pre-sale research and lead generation activity all the way through to project delivery and closure.
- Work with clients to identify major issues they face, generate hypothesis regarding these issues, construct analytical frameworks and undertake structured evaluations, identify creative but pragmatic options within potential market scenarios, develop conclusions to make strategic recommendations, and develop plans to operationalize the agreed-upon strategy.
- Work across a range of industries, helping you develop through a range of experiences, each ensuring that you’ll have the breadth, skills and knowledge to be successful in your career (note: If you have a particular affinity to an industry, we will look to help you gain experience in that area through client projects, tailored learning, development and mentoring).
- Conduct extensive industry and market research and develop relationships with relevant stakeholders (Public and Private Sector) in local and foreign markets to identify, develop and implement inbound / outbound investment and market entry strategies for clients.
- Carry out strategic internal projects, developing thought leadership, value propositions, business and market linkage collateral.
- Develop strong relationships with a network of internal and external contacts to build own knowledge and expertise, expand capabilities and enhance PwC’s brand presence.
- Engage in regular market and corporate research to be informed of and understand the business implications of latest macro-economic, regulatory, technology and M&A developments in both the local and global marketplace.
- Produce well-articulated, fit-for-purpose and high-quality written reports, presentations and other communication collateral employing appropriate visualization tools.