Michelin’s Global IT team based at Orion City, Colombo includes over 100 authentic and industrious achievers from different backgrounds. This role collaborates closely with team members, senior management and a variety of stakeholders in Michelin group entities.
You will define IT Infrastructure solutions to cater functional and non-functional requirements of the business demand while aligning with the organizational vision and ambition of long-term business goals.
What To Expect
• An opportunity to work with a talented tech-oriented, state-of the art facility in the heart of Colombo;
• Opportunities to interact with a highly talented, multi-cultural and diversified team that believes in personal and team growth;
• Ability to work within a span of providing solutions across the technology stack without focusing on one infrastructure domain;
• Open office culture, ability to work from anywhere and an environment which respects work-life balance;
• Room to experiment and develop innovations that benefits the organization;
• An opportunity to work with Michelin and Camso teams internationally.
• Bachelor's degree in Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent from a reputed academic body.
• Preferred Minimum 5 years’ of relevant work experience in the field of Automation /Electrical engineering as a project leader or project support.
• Experience with PLC programming standards & programming software. Specific experience with Rockwell (Allen-Bradley) and Siemens is a plus.
• Experience with Variable Frequency drives and Motion Control technologies. Specific experience with Rockwell, Siemens and Control Techniques is a plus.
• Experience with HMI configuration, programming and communication. Specific experience with Rockwell will also be an added advantage.
• Strong understanding of industry trends, regulations, and standards, and should be able to apply this knowledge to their work.
• Demonstrated excellent leadership skills, Project Management skills & Teamwork.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Project, and PowerPoint, Teams).
Implement Risk prevention plan & safety requirements.(LOTO,HV/LV manual,instructions,safety during intervention, compliance of work, compliance of equipment under his/her responsibility.
• Existence and evolution of Maintenance Plans (transformers, protective devices, substation visits, thermographic analyzes)
• Efficiency of assistance interventions (responses to the demands of operational maintenance on breakdowns and corrective action plan to avoid recurring problems)
• Projects recommendation for site annual plans (Risks analysis, durability plan, Prioritization)
• Maintenance costs reduction and efficiency improvement (Uptime)
• Monitored power consumption (measurements, network load, power factor)
• Adaptation of the equipment in case of evolution of the energy requirement (selectivity, size of the cables, protections)
• Improvement of the skills maintainers (Tutoring, coaching, training documents/supports - one point lesson – manual instructions)
• Design, implement and maintain Automation systems.
• Develop required user applications as practiced and established by the organization set standards such as safety, Reliability Centered Maintenance, energy and quality (ISO compliance)
• Involve projects related to automation. (Implement high tech projects).
• Audit and support to establish best in class engineering practices in automation systems ensuring sustainability and continuous improvement.
• Support to automate energy controlling.
• Best practices of energy should be employed.