The position is for a Technical Lead to work on mainly greenfield development projects to build new serverless microservice based cloud applications in AWS.
Currently we are in the middle of a large programme to migrate from monoliths with large areas of overlapping functionality to a capability-based model, which can scale and adapt to an ever faster changing educational landscape.
We’d expect that you’ll have minimum 5 years’ relevant experience as a full-stack developer or similar role, developing solutions that provide real benefit to users, and working in an Agile project delivery environment using Scrum or Kanban.
Key Skills & Experience
- Applying development methodologies like TDD, CI/CD pipelines, Infrastructure as Code
- Building backend services and Web APIs
- Building web single page applications using frameworks like React, Angular or Vue
- Strong skills in Java using Spring Boot
- Applying best practices for chosen development platform
- Persisting data using relational (SQL) and/or document databases
- Understand modern application architectures and how they can be applied, like Microservice / Service Oriented Architectures
- Experience in cloud native application development and cloud architecture/infrastructure
- Providing overall software architecture guidance in terms of best practice when it comes to development
- Proficient in Java Spring boot, React and AWS Services
- Mentoring more junior members of the team in overall software development
- Working with product owner and business analyst to refine and estimate requirements
- Working with the project managers, product owners and operation team to ensure application are successfully delivered to production
- Providing production support to application