We are a global airline and travel solutions software company, specializing in developing cutting-edge enterprise products and solutions by utilizing web, mobile, cloud and API technologies.
As a member of the Avtra team, you will be part of something special, because we are helping change the way some of the most challenging industries work. We guarantee to make every job stimulating, inspiring, and rewarding for our team.
We are looking for Software Engineer – Application Support (Java, Frontend and DevOps) to join our customer success team based in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Are you an energetic, technically savvy, persistent problem-solver who loves working with internal and external customers?
- Would you like exposure to the latest and greatest technologies?
- Want to compete globally while making a bigger impact, powering innovative technology in the aviation industry?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience with at least 1-year relevant experience
- Self-starter mentality, ability to work on own initiatives and ability to proactively work with minimal supervision
- Outstanding communication and follow-up skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Solid experience in developing and/or supporting mission critical applications, devising creative solutions to challenging problems in a timely manner
- Solid working experience with Java/JEE, Web/Mobile/API/Cloud technologies, SQL, DevOps, CI/CD, Container Services, Application Servers and Linux
- Experience in performance evaluation and optimization for large scale enterprise applications
- Prior experience in the aviation sector in a similar capacity is an added advantage
Your role involves:
- Exercising product expertise and knowledge to provide users with technical support and best practices
- Troubleshooting and resolving inquiries and issues of our SaaS products used by end users
- Undertake development for issue fixes, maintenance, and new requirements, using Java and front-end technologies
- Perform setup, deployment and automation for development and production environments
- Ensure adherence to the defined Service-Level-Agreement (SLA) requirements
- Follow best practices and procedures for application support