Our mission is to unlock human potential. We welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and we embrace individuals who get excited about learning. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion; it’s in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
About the Role:
We are looking for experienced Senior Technical Lead to join our exciting and rapidly expanding team in Sri Lanka. This position is a hands-on development position where you will be responsible for the development of Wiley’s education and publishing integration platforms while leading the team. You will also be the people manager for your team. You will leverage your in-depth knowledge of Java to work closely with architects, engineers, and product owners to create complex applications and integrations. You will also ensure your commitment to the highest quality standards both in functional and non-functional areas.
What we look for:
- BSc in computer science or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in software development including 3 years as a lead. Ability to manage the team and deliveries independently.
- Good people management, grooming/mentoring skills
- Solid experience in developing applications using Java, Spring Boot, and SQL/NoSQL databases such as MySQL and Mongo DB.
- Proven history with software and system architecture, microservices architecture and AWS cloud technologies, caching technologies.
- Ability to guide/mentor junior developers while working with leads and architects on designing applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including making presentations to varied teams and stakeholders.
- A good understanding of Quality Engineering principles and practices will be an added advantage.
- Familiarity with CI/CD build/deploy pipelines, and modern DevOps practices like Git-Ops.
- Understanding of technology methodologies including Agile (SCRUM), continuous integration/ continuous development and automation.
- Familiarity with JIRA and writing user stories.
Enabling Discovery, Powering Education, Shaping Workforces.
We clear the way for seekers of knowledge: illuminating the path forward for research and education, tearing down barriers to society’s advancement, and giving seekers the help they need to turn their steps into strides.
Wiley may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: our people. We are willing to challenge the status quo, move the needle, and be innovative. Wiley’s headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations across the globe in more than 40 countries.
How you will make an impact:
- Be the technology lead for the team, take ownership of the high-quality deliverables and be accountable.
- Be responsible for the logical and physical development of applications based on agreed user requirements and architecture.
- Work closely with architects and BAs (Business Analysts) to design and architect application/platform.
- Work with non-technical business colleagues to understand the functionality, composition, and user requirements.
- Be responsible of maintaining the quality of the code and following engineering best practices.
- Drive/participate in PI planning and be an Agile advocate.
- Be responsible for maintaining the health of production system and attend to any production incidents providing quick fixes/workarounds.
- Identify system vulnerabilities/tech debts and assist prioritize them for the team.
- Be the people manager for your team and work with stakeholders on hiring requirements.
- Conduct performance appraisals and provide guidance and mentoring the team members.
- Helping with interviews and the hiring process of new team members.