- BSc degree in information technology / Engineering or computer science from a recognized university.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Oracle Databases and database security implementation.
- Possess professional and proactive work ethic with high skills to overcome critical and complex database issues on industry standard database platforms.
- Related Industry certifications are preferred.
- Hands on experience in MySql, MSSQL, Postgres and AWS RDS would be added qualification.
- Maintain Data Center Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and recommend solutions that will ensure company meets SLAs.
- Coordinate the on-going activities of the Data Center to achieve its objectives within the define scope.
- Act as a second level escalation point for the technical issues pursued within the Data Center Services team.
- Proactively identify all issues affecting database performance. Improve and maximize the database performance.
- Participate in database requirements gathering initiatives, design reviews and raise issues/concerns impacting databases with regard to functionality, performance, reliability etc.
- Responsible for continues evaluation of database related products to facilitate smooth DB operations.
- Ensure consistent deployment of all required security policies and procedures and participate in re-occurring site audits and reviews.
- Monitor and take necessary actions to prevent unauthorized access to the databases.