The intern shall work in the procurement global team, based in our R&D facility, which represents a major operation within the IFS business. The successful intern will have opportunities to work with global process and operations in support of colleagues from around the world, liaising with internal customers and stakeholders across our 30 countries.
Provide effective support to the Global Procurement Team focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Experience and understanding of the supplier vetting process
- Experience and understanding of the P2P process
- Experience and understanding of procurement 3rd party contracting and special projects and/or competitive tenders etc.
- Experience and understanding of procuring 3rd party product licenses.
- Measurable understanding of IFS credit vetting and appropriate supplier documentation (demonstrated over a set period of time for a reasonable volume of suppliers)
- Other outcomes: integrate theory and practice in procurement, develop communication, interpersonal and other critical skills required in procurement career.
- Weekly 1-1 and monthly review.
- Capstone Project: End to end supplier contracts encompassing:
- Supplier selection
- Supplier contract
- Supplier form and onboarding
- IFS Cloud record creation
- Business/Finance/IT Major with focus on Procurement or Supply Chain emphasis
- Strong computer literacy including MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint is helpful
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Good written and oral communication to navigate a business environment
- English as a second language
- Extracurricular activities in speech, debate, business industry experience a Plus.
The intern shall support the Head of the Global Procurement Service Center in:
- Undertaking supplier credit checking.
- Assessing supplier documentation.
- Assessing, harvesting, producing data analysis – PO, supplier invoice, etc.