Ensure outstanding delivery of services on Import and Export operations managing day-to-day foreign trade activities. Ensure all import/ export shipments are properly coordinated and delivered on time to achieve 100% service level by optimizing cost and utilizing all resources efficiently.
- Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Business Management/ Logistics/ Supply Chain Management.
- Expected experience: minimum 5 years of relevant experience in the areas of Customer Service, Demand & Supply Planning, Distribution, Procurement or Finance (business planning, budget control & cost management) including exposure in shipping, freight forwarding, documentation, import/ export, foreign trade and customs.
- Language skills: Fluency in English and Sinhala.
- Other skills: Possess strong leadership skills, ability to work in an operational field, network cross functionally and possess change management driven mindset.
- Deliver agreed targets on service agreements with businesses/ markets including coordination with internal and external stakeholders and timely clearance and delivery of import and export shipments.
- Deliver quality service of operations by implementing a structured governance with cross functional and outsourced teams. Ensure extra costs incurred in shipments and airfreights are monitored and necessary control actions are taken. Responsible for tracking of demurrage and on time clearance.
- Accountable for the overall shipping operation, responsible for Bank and Corporate Guarantee clearance, be a lead for global and local digitalization projects and to create awareness on policy changes.
- Specific point of contact (SPOC) for all internal shipping escalations, represent as the Nestlé SPOC for Chamber Import Committee, Sri Lanka Customs, Sri Lanka Standards Institute, Atomic Energy, National Institute of Health Sciences, Ministries, TIEP process, Customs Audits and is responsible for Harmonized System code queries and ruling.
- Coordinate with external authorities on regulation changes and aligning internal stakeholders accordingly, and ensure governance across cross functional teams.