A career within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You’ll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team helps our clients identify and reduce tax risks, meet compliance obligations, implement tax strategies that complement business and operational objectives, resolve disagreements with tax authorities, and manage tax accounting and reporting issues. You’ll be engaged in projects dealing with International tax, mergers and acquisitions, state and local tax accounting, regulatory processes, tax reporting and strategy.To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager / Senior Manager - Tax, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Associate Member / Passed Finalist of CIMA/ACCA/CA Sri Lanka.
- 2 - 7 years post qualifying experience in Taxation.
- Sound report writing skills.
- Strong grasp of business and technical issues, industry trends and practices.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments independently.
- Prior experience within a professional services firm will be an added advantage.
- Dedicated team player with excellent leadership qualities.
As a Manager / Senior Manager – Tax, you will be required to
- Assist clients to assess their local tax compliance by recommending solutions that support their overall business objectives.
- Support clients to ensure they are consistent with good business practices and with the applicable tax laws and rules.
- Preparation and/or approval of tax computations and returns.
- Advising on clients payments, lodging appeals, or objections and following up on these matters with tax authorities.
- Managing multiple relationships and ensuring client satisfaction.
- Proactively identifying opportunities to grow the business.