Education + Technical skills / experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Statistics, Math or a related field
- At least 5+ years of relevant data engineering experience
- Strong knowledge in Data Warehouse, Data Modelling including Big Data Technologies.
- Advanced level programming skills in coding language (Python, Scala/PySpark)
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, Message/ Storage Queues, Data Lakes
· Experience with stream-processing systems (e.g., Spark Streaming), big data querying tools (e.g., Pig, Hive, Spark).
- Experience in working with cloud service providers (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience in helping teams create robust data system architectures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Passionate drive to solve real-world problems with AI delivering tangible business value through data pipelines and deployments.
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Has expertise in implementing complex big data pipelines, Kubernetes deployments of spark application.
- Lead teams of 2-3 junior data engineers
- Is able to communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non technical audience
- Contribute to knowledge building and sharing by researching best practices, documenting solutions and continuously iterating on new ways to solve problems
- Provide robust solutions and decisions using your expertise in the data engineering domain.
- Design and build high-performance, secure, and scalable data solutions following best practices.
- Work closely with Head of Data and fellow team members to frame scalability and optimizations of the deployments.
- Work closely with Architect on end-to-end technical design, methodology, development quality, deployment and management of the pipelines developed by the team.
- Mentor junior members of the team, being a steady and guiding hand on project work.
- Knack for helping an organization build advanced cloud-based solutions and contribute to proposals, POCs
- Be a team player.
- Possess a positive attitude and "go the extra mile".
Advanced level programming skills