As part of Digital Java team, you will lead the team to deliver the projects from the technical deliverable perspective for our customers across the globe; you are expected to provide technical expertise and mentor the staffs in the projects primarily based on Java or any emerging technology; you will lead the client interactions, work on project proposals when there is a need and also take part in any technical decisions/discussions with the architects; help in solution architectures on Java technologies or any emerging technologies for the projects.
We’re looking for Java Seniors with expertise in Java technologies to join the GDS Technology Consulting Digital Java team. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a leading firm whilst being instrumental in the growth of a new service offering.
• Experience in Java 8 and above.
• Experience in REST APIs and Spring framework/Spring boot with JPA, Hibernate.
• Strong in SQL with experience in SQL Server/Oracle/any other RDBMS.
• Knowledge on object-oriented programming, SOLID principles, and design patterns.
• Experience with UML diagrams – class diagram, sequence diagrams etc, database modelling including entity-relationship diagrams.
• Hands on experience in Microservices design and development
• Strong understanding and experience of software development best practices/clean code principles/debugging practices
• Knowledge on writing Unit test cases and carrying out Unit testing using Junit, Mockito etc.
• Working experience of designing & developing solutions in cloud environments preferably Azure.
• Security experience in OAuth2/Spring Security/LDAP-basics/AWS Authentication/Azure AD/any other cloud/on-prem authentication will be useful.
• Exposure to Profiling tools like JMeter or any other tools.
• Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
• Experience in projects managed in accordance with AGILE (SCRUM) methodology
• Version control software experience in Git/Bitbucket/SVN/Clear case/PVCS/any other tool
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills leveraging all available resources
• Attention to detail and commitment to high quality/error free deliverables
Need to work as a technical lead in the development projects using Java technologies
• Working closely with our clients to understand their business, functional, technical, and implementation requirements
• Provide key input in technology stack evaluation and assist the architect in terms of technology choices for the projects when needed
• Design and govern the reusable accelerators, apply design patterns and reusable technical components (e.g. error handling, logging etc.)
• Working with the relevant teams to ensure the timely delivery of the projects
• Preparing technical solution and architecture documents, artefacts, work products and presentations for the customer
• Contribute towards excellence in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment
• Lead and mentor development teams
• Work closely with Project Managers, Senior Business Analysts, and development teams
• Take ownership of the solution delivery, and be responsible for translating functional requirements into a solution
• Task allocation and performance evaluation of team members
• Communicate with client teams and gather requirements, conduct regular team meetings, and track project progress
• Interview candidates when needed and help in the recruitment process
• Provide an efficient working atmosphere to project teams and ensure objectives are met within stipulated time
• A background of working with development best practices.
• A willingness to be flexible in responding to issues as they occur and the ability to identify product/deployment improvements to mitigate future occurrences.
• Self-motivated, Strong communication and team building skills.
• Work iteratively in a team with continuous collaboration.