As part of our EY-Assurance Team, you would be the main point of contact from GDS for the tasks assigned by the global client serving assurance teams and be responsible for the timeliness and quality of deliverables along with managing day to day operations of those engagements.
We’re looking for candidates who possess technical knowledge, including ability to interpret reviews and accounting standards and strong project management skills along with excellent communication and leadership skills. GDS seniors would have associate level personnel to work with at GDS and get the tasks executed from them along with performing a review as a senior, which is defined by the Global client serving assurance teams.
Skills and attributes for success
- Knowledge of accounting and assurance standards - knowledge of IFRS / UK GAAP / US GAAP and International review standards is an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal, risk management, facilitation and presentation skills
- Project management, leadership, coaching, counselling and supervisory skills
- Robust logical and reasoning skills
- Ability to spread positive work culture, teaming and live EY values.
- The ability to quickly form strong working relationship with colleagues locally and in global teams.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Part-Qualified or Qualified Chartered Accountants / ACCA / CPA with 3-6 years of relevant experience
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Proficiency in MS – Office and Outlook.
- Interest in business and commerciality.
- Lead an engagement from the GDS front and ensure the team delivers timely and high-quality work, as per EY Global Audit Methodology and in line with the Global team expectations.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of aligned engagement and EY GAM while performing reviews of procedures performed by GDS staff, along with knowledge of EY tools to make reviews more efficient and meaningful.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with key EY Global counterparts like Assurance executives based out of APAC and Oceania.
- Develop an understanding of EY Quality and Risk Management procedures and ensure these are embedded into the engagement team’s work.
- Proactively discuss workflow management with the assurance teams, allocating resources to the assigned work and monitoring performance against standards. Monitor utilization for one’s team, budget to actuals, and other operational matters.
- Demonstrate professionalism, competence and clarity of communication when dealing with GDS and Global teams.
- Establish expectations of value to be delivered to the respective GDS Global teams aligned.
- Identify opportunities to improve the scope of work for GDS on one’s own engagements.
- Standardize review processes along with leveraging best practices across one’s aligned engagements or beyond.
- Motivate and lead one’s GDS team members, identify and foster key talents, coach and supervise team members.
- Be responsible for various operational matters related to engagements aligned.
- Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback/training. Lead by example.