Our mission is to unlock human potential. We welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and we embrace individuals who get excited about learning. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion; it’s in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
About the Role:
As an Associate Quality Engineer for Wiley, you will help maintain the quality assurance processes, create test cases, execute functional and regression test scenarios, and work closely with Wiley’s product development teams to recreate and remediate issues. Strong analytical skills are a must and hands-on experience in using any open-source tools for API/Web/Mobile test automation will be an added advantage.
What we look for:
- BSc in computer science or related field required.
- 6 months to 1 years’ experience in a quality engineering role or graduates with an internship in a software quality engineering
- Experience in manual testing for web/mobile based technologies.
- Experience in test designing using test design techniques
- Experience in analyzing web applications and writing test cases based on current behavior of the application where documentation or feature requirements do not exist.
- Proficiency in testing complex integrations.
- Strong critical-thinking skills and the ability to give attention to details as well as understand the big picture.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate information to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Team player who can easily adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- ISTQB foundation level qualification will be an added advantage
- Experience in functional test automation tools such as Selenium, Rest Assured, Postman, Appium, etc. Will be an added advantage.
Enabling Discovery, Powering Education, Shaping Workforces.
We clear the way for seekers of knowledge: illuminating the path forward for research and education, tearing down barriers to society’s advancement, and giving seekers the help they need to turn their steps into strides.
Wiley may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: our people. We are willing to challenge the status quo, move the needle, and be innovative. Wiley’s headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations across the globe in more than 40 countries.
How you will make an impact:
- Participate in storyboarding and solution design sessions. Analyze and provide feedback on artifacts delivered throughout the development process.
- Create and maintain library of test plans and test scenarios. Ensure test scripts maintain traceability to requirements.
- Maintain staging environment, create test bed of data used to support test execution.
- Create and maintain automated regression and performance test scripts.
- Execute quality assurance test scenarios, manual and automated. Ensure that developed functionality satisfies requirements and aligns with specifications.
- Track and record results of test execution. Interpret results and identify trends. Publish results and communicate test execution status.
- Identify challenges encountered during development and test processes.
- Work closely with development team to research and mitigate issues found in testing.